When sending emails to your participant in Idiligo, by default the Idiligo server is being used. This means that the sender email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
But Idiligo also offers the possibility to use your own mail-environment to send e-mails. Like this, when sending emails in Idiligo, your own email address will be set as the sender.
To do so, please log in to your Idiligo account, go to 'account settings', 'mail' and complete the following information:
- Your email address
- SMTP server
- SMTP port (587)
- Use TLS: depending on your provider, check 'YES' or 'NO' (for Gmail 'YES' needs to be checked)
- SMTP username
- SMTP password
For Gmail the following needs to be done:
1. Log in to the Gmail account you want to use
2. Go to https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps and switch ON “Allow less secure apps”
3. Start an Idiligo online meeting and send an email
4. Gmail will send you an email to confirm that you are the sender. Click “check activity” to confirm.